1. I just found out I can't attend for a really good reason. Can I get a refund?
All of our materials, both printed and on the web, clearly state in multiple places that all purchases are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to future events—see our refund policy below. If you cannot attend the conference this year, you can transfer your registration to another person for SXSW Eco 2013 only.
To transfer a registration, please fill out the SXSW Transfer Form. You can return it via fax to 512-452-4775 or via email to email@example.com. Once the transfer has been processed, the new registrant will receive a registration confirmation email.
There is a $125 non-refundable transfer fee. For any registrant whose registration has already been transferred, for any subsequent transfers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What are SXSW Eco’s refund policies?
SXSW, LLC may, in its sole discretion and at any time, cancel or refuse from any individual or company the following: registrations, applications, purchases, and/or hotel reservations made through SXSW Housing. SXSW will not be responsible for any penalty, fee, loss, or expense that might result from such action. By clicking on the 'Finish Transaction' button or authorizing payment to SXSW in any form payor agrees to the following SXSW, LLC. policies:
- Payments are not refundable for any reason including, but not limited to, failure to use SXSW credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, loss of employment and duplicate purchase.
- Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received in the SXSW office.
- Unused registrations/applications have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or events. Be aware no refunds or credits are allowed due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process.
- Badges are issued to individuals and can be picked up and used only by the individual named.
- A $125 processing fee will be assessed to change the name on a registration.
- SXSW Registration Badges may not be used as a prize in any form of contest, game, or sweepstakes without written pre-approval from SXSW.
- SXSW Platinum, Gold, Film, Music and Interactive Conference registrations include a one-year subscription to SXSWorld Magazine valued at $20.
3. What's the easiest way to register for SXSW Eco?
The quickest, and easiest way, is to register online and pay by credit card. You will also be able to book hotel accommodations through the housing desk after registering. If you must pay by PO, please reference FAQ #4. If you must pay by check, please follow the instructions for paying by PO, but provide the check details in the PO number field. To pay by wire transfer, you must be a publicly held international corporation, government or state agency, or educational institution. Email email@example.com for a registration form and return it to the SXSW offices by mail or email. Due to long transaction times, SXSW will no longer be accepting wire transfers after Friday, the 26th of September 2013. You can obtain wire transfer details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Your registration must be paid to take advantage of the discounted rates. You may also register onsite at the SXSW Eco Registration area at the Austin Convention Center (500 East Cesar Chavez Street Austin, Texas 78701). Attendees should enter through the doors on Cesar Chavez street. Registration is near the Rotunda located on Cesar Chavez between Red River and Trinity.
4. What if I need to pay by Purchase Order (PO)?
Complete online registration forms for all the individuals to be covered by a single purchase order using a single registration. Click the appropriate text indicating that the registration(s) will be paid by PO and enter the necessary information for SXSW Eco to generate an invoice. After the PO has been issued you MUST return to that Shopping Cart and enter the PO number. At that point those registrations will be considered paid and confirmation and the registrants can request a hotel room. The invoice key and PO number MUST BE applied before the next registration guideline or new rates will apply.
5. How will I know that my registration form and payment were received?
After you register online, you can expect a confirmation email within twenty-four hours. The confirmation is sent by email to the address provided on the registration form and will show that we have received your payment and will include a receipt. Please allow appropriate mailing and processing times for any registrations or checks that have been physically mailed.
6. To whom do I make my check payable?
Checks should be made out to "SXSW LLC" with the invoice number(s) noted on the memo line. They should be mailed to:
PO Box 685289
Austin TX 78768
7. When should I arrive in Austin?
Check out the SXSW Eco Schedule to see when activities kick off. Registration will open from 6pm-9pm the evening of Sunday, October 6th. Registration will open at 8am on Monday, October 7th, with the first General Session beginning at 9:30am.
8. What time does SXSW Eco registration open, so I can pick up my badge?
Registration is open:
October 6th 2013 Sunday 6pm-9pm
October 7th 2013 Monday 8am-6pm
October 8th 2013 Tuesday 8am-6pm
October 9th 2013 Wednesday 8am-4pm
9. Where do I pick up my badge?
SXSW ECO 2013 registration will open on Sunday, October 6th from 6pm to 9pm in the Austin Convention Center (500 East Cesar Chavez Street Austin, Texas 78701). Attendees should enter through the doors on Cesar Chavez street. Registration is near the Rotunda located on Cesar Chavez between Red River and Trinity.
10. What will I have to do to pick up my SXSW Eco badge?
To receive your SXSW ECO 2013 badge, you will be asked to present a government issued ID. Feel free to ask any volunteers should you need assistance. While in line, keep an eye out for signage to ensure you're in the correct line and guide you on your way to the registration area.
11. So now I’m registered, how can I find out who is presenting?
We will make scheduling information available as we are able to confirm and release programming details. Keep checking the official SXSW Eco website for the latest information.
12. I just found out that I can only stay for part of SXSW Eco. Can I transfer my issued badge?
No, once a badge has been issued to you, we cannot reissue the badge to a different person.
Do you still have questions? E-mail email@example.com.
13. Is the hotel booking fee new?
Yes. SXSW Eco Housing has upgraded to a new booking system to provide registrants with a better view of available group inventory and help process reservations more quickly. This small fee makes it possible to provide better service.